BRAVIA XR 85” Class X93L Mini LED 4K HDR Google TV (2023)
Intense brightness. Outstanding contrast.
Ultimate Mini LED contrast powered by our most powerful processor
See ultimate contrast from thousands of Mini LEDs and billions of accurate colors controlled by the intelligent Cognitive Processor XR.
Picture and sound precisely aligned
Frame tweeters, in addition to traditional TV speakers, elevates the sound so what you hear matches the picture you see.
The entertainment you love. With help from Google
Google TVTM brings your favorite content from across your apps and subscriptions and organizes them just for you.1
Game time. Be invincible.
Our BRAVIA XR TVs capture the awesome graphics and soundscapes of today’s games. Pair with PlayStation®5 for absolute immersion.24
Beautifully designed to compliment your viewing experience
Focus on the big picture with our minimalist design that fuses screen and bezel into a single slate.16
Designed with the environment in mind
Sony TVs are engineered to deliver stunning design with the environment in mind.
Mini LED. Absolute brightness and contrast.
Completely immersive with pictures full of sparkling brilliance and deep blacks. Sony’s precision control and Mini LED powered by Cognitive Processor XR™ puts you right in the scene.
Lifelike contrast with deep blacks and dramatic highlights
Dazzling peak brightness, deep blacks, natural mid tones. XR Backlight Master Drive™ controls thousands of ultra dense Mini LEDs with absolute precision and independence for ultimate contrast.
Extended color volume, now see every shade and hue
Over a billion colors reproduced with the subtle differences seen in the real world. Powered by our Cognitive Processor XR™, XR Triluminos Pro™ with a wide color spectrum delivers natural shades in every detail. More vivid colors and realistic than conventional TV.
Less noise. Less blur. More clarity in every picture
XR Clear Image reduces noise utlilizing zone division and dynamic frame analysis, and minimizes blur.12,13
Noise is reduced, making broadcast and online videos much clearer and easier to view.
Blur is minimized so action stays smooth
Everything upscaled close to 4K quality
Whatever the content or source, images are upscaled close to 4K. XR 4K Upscaling accesses a vast database to intelligently recreate lost texture and detail.12
Intelligent motion processing for fast-moving, blur-free scenes
By analyzing motion across several frames, Cognitive Processor XR™ with XR Motion Clarity™ ensures fast-moving sports and action-packed movies stay smooth, bright and clear.
Beautiful colors. Any angle. Any environment.
With X-Anti Reflection™, pictures are clearer with less reflection and glare. X-Wide Angle™ keeps pictures looking as beautiful from the sides as they do from the center.
Synchronized. Maximized. Cinema-like sound.
The frame is the speaker. Hear sound straight from the screen, perfectly synchronized with action. Cognitive Processor XR™ turns any sound immersive with more precise sound position.
Frame Tweeter. Optimal sound position.
More expansive, more powerful, more spatial. Our Frame Tweeter vibrates the frame, projecting sound forwards. By evaluating the position of all speakers, sound is perfectly balanced.
What you hear matches what you see
With Acoustic Multi-Audio™, it feels as though sound is coming from the right place in the scene, precisely matching visuals. Far more immersive than conventional TVs where sound comes from beneath the screen.
All your entertainment upscaled to 3D surround sound
XR Surround virtually creates surround sound using just the TV speakers for 3D audio without in-ceiling or up-firing speakers. Our BRAVIA XR™ TVs are also compatible with Dolby Atmos®.8
Clear Voice. Precise dialogue.
Voice Zoom 2™ detects voices, analyzes them and improves their clarity. With enhanced filtering, ambient elements are suppressed so you can hear even faint TV dialogue clearly.
BRAVIA and Sony Audio, the dream team
Take entertainment further by pairing your BRAVIA XR™ TV with Sony audio equipment. You’ll discover an unmatched audio-visual experience with outstanding XR picture and sound quality.
Acoustic Center Sync
With Acoustic Center Sync, you can turn both your compatible BRAVIA™ and the soundbar into a center speaker. Precisely matching what you hear with what you see on your screen further immerses you in your home entertainment.11
Ready for 360 Spatial Sound Personalizer
Tailor your Dolby Atmos® experience by combining our SRS-NS7 wearable speaker with BRAVIA XR™ for spatial surround. With some Sony headphones, you can also get the simulated surround of 360 Spatial Sound.11
Control your Sony Audio effortlessly
With an integrated UI, soundbar sound settings automatically appear on the BRAVIA Quick Settings menu. Easily control features such as sound field and volume using the TV remote, no need to switch to your audio remote.11
What you want to watch all in one place
Browse 700,000+ movies and TV episodes from across your streaming services, all in one place and organized into topics and genres based on what interests you.1
Over 10,000 apps and games, straight to your TV
Bring the cinematic experience home, enjoy movies included with BRAVIA
Explore today's top movies, instantly. With BRAVIA CORE™, you can redeem up to 5 movies and stream for up to 12 months. Our exclusive movie content service with Pure Stream™ and IMAX® Enhanced delivers stunning visuals and expressive sound.2,3,9
Studio quality entertainment, just as the creator intended
Featuring an array of Creator Calibrated Modes, IMAX Enhanced and Dolby Vision®, this TV preserves the director’s intent. And as it’s Calman Ready, creators can even professionally calibrate it for use in production edits.8,9,22
Watch Netflix in studio quality, automatically optimized
Netflix Adaptive Calibrated Mode works with BRAVIA XR’s ambient light optimization, adjusting picture brightness of your favorite Netflix shows to room lighting conditions.7
Optimizing pictures for all your favorites
With BRAVIA CORE™ Calibrated Mode, all movies including IMAX Enhanced™ titles automatically adjust to the optimal picture settings for an outstanding home movie experience.
Connect. Cast. Control.
Just use your voice to control your TV with help from Googleplay
Your TV is more helpful than ever. Ask Google to find movies, stream apps, play music, and control the TV - all with your voice. Even get answers, control smart home devices, and more. Just say “Hey Google” to get started.1
Control your smart home with help from Google
Use your voice to create the perfect viewing environment. Control smart home devices throughout your home. Adjust room temperature, lighting, see who’s at the front door, and more.1
Connect with your Alexa
Connect your Alexa enabled devices for seamless hands-free control of BRAVIA™. With Alexa, you can power up your TV, change channels, control volume and more.20
Stream from your device. Easily cast movies, shows, photos, and more from your phone right to your TV.21
Compatible with Apple AirPlay
Stream effortlessly to your TV from your iPhone, iPad or Mac. Watch movies from apps or Safari. Share photos with friends in the room.15
Ask Siri to control your TV with just your voice
With Apple Home, you can easily and securely control a Sony TV with the Home app and Siri on your Apple device, using HomeKit technology. Set up your TV in a few simple steps and control with a tap or by asking Siri.15
With Kids Profile, you call the shots. This special feature helps you guide children to age-appropriate content, in a space that’s all their own. Set kid-friendly filters for apps, movies and shows. Limit how long they can watch and easily set bedtimes.
Easy to wipe, always stays clean
Say goodbye to dirt and dust. With a flush surface featuring lower buttons and a special polyurethane coating, our remote is easy to wipe and keep clean.18
Control all your devices with one smart remote
As simple as a single touch. All your connected devices can be controlled with our smart remote. One button access to video on demand services brings shows and movies into your room in seconds.
Jaw-dropping graphics. Immersive soundscapes. Game on.
Be right at the heart of the action with BRAVIA XR™. Awe-inspiring scenes, atmospheric sound and exclusive new features bring your go-to games to life like never before.
One place for all your game settings
Never has it been easier to fine-tune your game status, settings and assist functions. All the essentials are at your fingertips for ease and comfort.4,24
Perfect for PlayStation®5
Auto HDR Tone Mapping
Auto HDR Tone Mapping instantly optimizes HDR settings during your PS5™ initial setup. Even in dark shadow and bright highlights, you’ll see fine details and true colors.7,25
Auto Genre Picture Mode
BRAVIA XR™ automatically switches into Game Mode with PS5™ to minimize lag and maximize responsiveness. It switches back to Standard Mode when watching movies for more expressive scenes.7
Various features in HDMI 2.1
With 4K/120fps, a Variable Refresh Rate and Auto Low Latency Mode, our TVs give you smooth and clear movement for responsive gameplay.5
- 4K / 120fps
- Variable Refresh Rate (VRR)
- Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM)
One Slate. Wonderfully minimalist. Extremely immersive.
Our minimalist One Slate design fuses screen and bezel into a single slate, minimizing noise and maximizing your viewing experience. The bezel in Titanium Silver has a softly-curved shape for design harmony.16
Prestige 3-way stand, stylish and versatile
A 3-way stand gives you the choice of a standard setting that focuses you on the picture, narrow setting for smaller furniture and soundbar setting for ideal positioning of your sound system.15
Video chat on a bigger screen
Catch up with friends and family on a bigger screen when you pair your TV with BRAVIA CAM™.
Every picture, optimized to your position in the room
BRAVIA CAM™ detects the distance between you and your TV, then adjusts brightness for picture quality that's optimized to your position in the room.
The ideal sound experience from anywhere
BRAVIA CAM™ tracks your position, adjusting left and right sound balance for optimum acoustics. Wherever you are, you'll hear the same quality sound as if you were sitting right in front of the TV.
Hear voices clearly, no matter where you are
Detecting your viewing distance, BRAVIA CAM™ adjusts voice zoom automatically for clear dialogue. Volume increases when you move away from the TV and decreases when you get closer.
A handy way to control your TV
As easy as a flick of the fingers. Gesture Control enables you to change channels, adjust volume and more using simple gestures, no remote required.
Keep your kids a step back. Proximity Alert allows you to set a recommended viewing distance for your child and alerts them if they get too close to the TV.
Camera covered, privacy protected
One swipe protects your privacy. Simply use the switch on top of BRAVIA CAM™ to close the camera cover. Attaching and detaching BRAVIA CAM™ is so easy.
Entertainment for the environment
BRAVIA™ combines high picture and sound quality with initiatives that help reduce environmental impact, such as the use of low energy, less non-renewable resources and better transport efficiency.
All your eco in one place
The Eco Dashboard keeps all eco-related settings in one place, making it easy to change them individually or in one go.
Optimizing brightness and power consumption
Ambient light sensing optimizes screen brightness to room conditions for efficient power usage. Every part of a picture is optimized based on the brightness of each image.
Auto Power Saving
With the optional BRAVIA CAM™, Auto Power Saving Mode optimizes your power consumption by darkening the screen automatically when you are not in front of the TV.17
Beautiful design. Made durable. With less virgin plastic.
Sony-developed SORPLAS™ recycled plastics are used in our TVs to minimize virgin plastics by approximately 60%, maintain durability and achieve the beautiful high gloss black finish synonymous with BRAVIA™. What's more, our new packaging uses around 48% less plastic volume.19
Less packaging. Less CO2.
Our new packaging is 15% smaller and 12% lighter which optimizes transport efficiency and reduces CO2 emissions by as much as 15%.19
- 2. Purchase an eligible TV and register for BRAVIA CORE™ by February 23, 2026 to be eligible for promotion offers. Available movies subject to change. Terms and conditions apply, for full details see https://www.sony.net/bravia-core. Network services, content, and operating system and software of product may be subject to separate or third-party terms and conditions and changed, interrupted, or discontinued at any time and may require fees, registration, and credit card information.
- 3. User must setup broadband network environment. By default, Pure Stream setting is turned OFF and must be turned ON in BRAVIA CORE settings. BRAVIA CORE offers streaming between 30Mbps-80Mbps once user turns ON Pure Stream. To access Pure Stream at 30Mbps, user must have a minimum internet speed of 43Mbps over Wi-Fi. To access highest quality Pure Stream available at 80Mbps user must have minimum internet speed of 115Mbps over Wi-Fi. Subject to user’s network operator’s video streaming restrictions, BRAVIA CORE automatically selects the best bitrate as following with adaptive streaming functionality based on the internet speed available.
- 4. Screen Size feature will be available via future firmware update.
- 5. Game title supporting VRR and/or 4K/120fps required. VRR results may vary depending on the game you're playing. If enabling VRR results in any unexpected visual effects, you can turn it off at any time.
- 6. Input lag time measured via 4K/120fps game via HDMI input, may differ by real-time usage environment or specific conditions. Game title supporting 4K/120fps required.
- 7. To activate Auto HDR Tone Mapping, must enable feature when pairing TV and PS5 for the first time; or will need to disconnect TV and PS5, perform factory reset on PS5 and enable the feature during initial setup. Auto Genre Picture Mode works when Auto Picture Mode on the TV is set to ON. Both features are supported only when PS5 and TV are directly connected. Applicable models: All BRAVIA XR models, X85K, X80K.
- 8. Dolby Vision and Atmos content compatible with streaming services or compatible content device connected via HDMI input (sold separately).
- 9. IMAX Enhanced content enables full IMAX Enhanced experience with compatible streaming services such as BRAVIA CORE, or compatible content device connected via HDMI input (sold separately).
- 10. Netflix streaming membership required. 4K Ultra HD availability subject to your Netflix subscription plan, internet service, device capabilities, and content availability. www.netflix.com/termsofuse.
- 11. Acoustic Centre Sync works with compatible Sony soundbars and AV receivers. For full compatibility list: https://www.sony.net/hav_faq.
- 12. 4K: 3,840 x 2,160 pixels. Upscaled, simulated and enhanced 4K images will vary based on source content.
- 13. XR Clear Image feature will be available Spring 2023
- 14. This feature is for users of streaming apps. TV broadcasts cannot be accessed when using Kids Profile. Some TV functions may not be available while using Kids Profile, such as changing settings or inputs.
- 15. This Sony TV is compatible with AirPlay 2 and HomeKit. iOS 12.2 or later or macOS 10.14.4 or later is required. Apple ID account required. Subscriptions may be required to access certain content.
- 16. Actual look may differ depending on TV size and type of cables used.
- 17. Some BRAVIA CAM features may require future firmware update.
- 18. Clean exterior surfaces gently with a dry, clean cloth.
- 19. Compared to FY18 models. The ratio may vary by model and size.
- 20. Amazon Alexa enabled devices (sold separately) compatible with Sony TVs powered by Google TV. Amazon account required. Subscriptions may be required to access certain content.
- 21. Chromecast built-in compatibility dependent on app.
- 22. SU-WL855 wall-mount bracket is available for select Sony OLED and LED models. See compatible TV models here: https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/articles/00197971. TV and wall mount system sold separately. Hardware included with wall-mount bracket.
- 23. Requires separately sold Calman calibration software to be installed on your PC, a pattern generator, a meter (colorimeter, spectrophotometer etc.), and Calman for BRAVIA app to be downloaded from Google Play and installed on your TV. Internet needed to utilize app services on TV. Network services, content, and software of this product may be subject to separate terms and conditions and changed, interrupted or discontinued at any time and may require fees, registration and credit card information.
- 24. ©2022 Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC. God of War is a registered trademark of Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC and related companies in the U.S. and other countries. PS5™ system sold separately. Design and specifications are subject to change without notice. “PlayStation” and "PS5" are registered trademarks or trademarks of Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc.
- 25. ©2022 Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc. Developed by Polyphony Digital Inc. “Polyphony Digital logo”, “Gran Turismo” and “GT” are registered trademarks of Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc. Manufacturers, cars, names, brands and associated imagery featured in this game in some cases include trademarks and/or copyrighted materials of their respective owners. Any depiction or recreation of real-world locations, entities, businesses or organizations is not intended to be or imply any sponsorship or endorsement of this game by such party or parties. All rights reserved. Screen images simulated.